WHAT IS CONCIERGE MEDICINE?
Concierge medicine, boutique medicine and direct practices are all terms used to describe a new form of medicine in which patients pay a doctor directly for enhanced medical care. In return for payment, the patient receives services such as a same-day or next day appointment, 24/7 access to the physician by cell phone, emergency room visits and hospitalizations directed by the physician. In addition, wellness care and preventative care are often provided. A comprehensive approach to healthcare allows time to address the unique needs of the individual.
As a member you will receive the following:
- You will get an appointment with your doctor the same or next day instead of waiting weeks, the average waiting time for an appointment at a traditional primary care practice.
- Your appointments will start on time – you won’t be stuck in the lobby waiting.
- You’ll see your doctor, not some other provider.
- You’ll be able to reach your doctor after hours for urgent care needs.
- With more time devoted to less patients, CHP’s-affiliated practices can go beyond basic. Each year your doctor will take you through a comprehensive wellness program, which is paid for by your membership fee. You will receive comprehensive, advanced health screenings and diagnostic tests that have been shown to help detect issues earlier but are not typically covered by commercial insurance or Medicare. The results help give a clearer view of your overall health.
- You and your doctor will discuss your health test results in detail. You’ll know your numbers and your doctor will help you understand what those numbers mean and how they can be improved. Together, you’ll develop an individualized action plan that will include next steps, how progress will be measured and a time frame for follow up.