WHAT IS A CONCIERGE PROGRAM?
A Concierge program is a partnership between you and your physician that begins with you getting to know each other. At the center of this partnership is the Wellness Plan, designed to help you live a healthier and more energetic life. The plan includes a wellness physical, diagnostics and one-on-one doctor counseling focused on the most critical areas of your health.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN A CONCIERGE PROGRAM?
If you elect to participate in a Concierge Program you will receive direct care, convenient and unhurried appointments that generally start on time, and special assistance with follow-up visits, specialist referrals and diagnostic appointments. You will have 24/7 access to the physician’s cell number.
WHAT IS A HYBRID CONCIERGE MODEL?
A hybrid concierge program is where the physician continues to see all patients and will allocate a portion of each day to his concierge patients. Concierge patients will receive a direct phone line, same day or next day appointments, an executive annual physical that goes well beyond the extent of most normal physicals.
CAN I REACH THE DOCTOR IN AN EMERGENCY OR WILL I HAVE TO GO TO A HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM?
You will have access to your physician’s private cell number for contact during non-office hours. If an emergency occurs, the doctor will make the appropriate recommendations and arrangements.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A CONCIERGE PROGRAM:
- You will get an appointment with your doctor the same or next day instead of waiting weeks, the average waiting time for an appointment at a traditional primary care practice.
- Your appointments will start on time – you won’t be stuck in the lobby waiting.
- You’ll see your doctor, not some other provider.
- You’ll be able to reach your doctor after hours for urgent care needs.
- With more time devoted to less patients, CHP’s-affiliated practices can go beyond basic. Each year your doctor will take you through a comprehensive wellness program, which is paid for by your membership fee. You will receive comprehensive, advanced health screenings and diagnostic tests that have been shown to help detect issues earlier but are not typically covered by commercial insurance or Medicare. The results help give a clearer view of your overall health.
- You and your doctor will discuss your health test results in detail. You’ll know your numbers and your doctor will help you understand what those numbers mean and how they can be improved. Together, you’ll develop an individualized action plan that will include next steps, how progress will be measured and a time frame for follow up.
CAN THIS LEVEL OF CARE BE GIVEN TO THE WHOLE FAMILY?
Yes – review the Membership Agreement; you have choices of covering yourself, your spouse or your whole family, with multi-person discounts. Children under the age of 26 can participate in their parents’ physician program – please check with your CHP physician to make sure what age he/she begins seeing patients.
HOW DO I MAKE PAYMENTS?
The fee is easy to file with a monthly, quarterly or annual withdrawal from a major credit card, debit card or by check.
DO OTHER PRACTICES EMPLOY THIS LEVEL OF SERVICE?
Personal or Concierge practices are offered by several thousand doctors across the country, and are becoming more prevalent.
HOW MUCH ARE ALL OF THESE SERVICES AND BENEFITS GOING TO COST ME?
The membership fees are less than what you may pay for cable TV or cell phone service per month. Generally in the range of $125 per month.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM TRANSFERRED OR I WANT TO DROP OUT?
Many times circumstances and preferences change – most policies can be cancelled within 30 days. Please see your membership agreement for more details.